Macerated Local Berries with Old Chatham Sheeps Milk Yogurt Sorbet
- 13.2 ounces Low Fat Milk
- 6 each gelatin sheets, bloomed
- 2 pounds 4oz sheeps Milk Yogurt
- 1 pound sugar
- 3 ounces milk powder
- 2½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pints local berries
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup muscat wine
- 1 bunch fresh lemon verbena
- 1 each lemon, for grating zest
- 1 each orange, for grating zest
Combine sheep cheese, half the amount of sugar, and vanilla in a bowl. Set Aside. Bring milk to a boil, add gelatin and whisk together. Return milk to heat and whisk in remaining sugar and milk powder, cook to simmer. Cool in ice bath, add sheep cheese mixture, blend with hand blender. Spin.
Combine berries, syrup, wine, verbena, lemon and orange zest and let sit for approximately 15-20 minutes. Spoon into bowls using a little syrup for the sauce and top with sorbet.