Coconut Parfait with Blueberry Compote
- Ingredients used to make the coconut cream
- 2 sheets gelatin (half package of powdered gelatin)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 6 Tbsp superfine sugar
- Ingredients for the blueberry compote
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ Tbsp finely chopped zest of lemon
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 ½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Put the gelatin into a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to soak until
softened, about 5 minutes. Heat the coconut milk with the sugar in a pan.
Bring to a gentle simmer then remove from the heat. Lift the gelatin from
the water and stir into the coconut milk. Keep stirring until the gelatin
has dissolved, then pour into serving dishes. Transfer to refrigerator.
Boil water, sugar, and zest. Stir in blueberries and simmer, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
To plate, ladle the compote over the parfait. Serves 6.