Lobster Shepard's Pie
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp diced, sautéed bacon
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup sliced shallots
- 1 ½ cups chanterelle mushrooms (cleaned)
- 2 cups Madeira
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 3½ cups cooked potato gnocchi
- Lobster meat from fresh cooked 1¼ lb lobster
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, preferably Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 Tbsp chopped tarragon
In a saucepan, heat 5 Tbsp butter and 3 Tbsp oil. Add bacon and garlic. After 1 minute, add shallots and mushrooms. Sauté 5 minutes, mixing thoroughly until mushrooms are browned and shallots are soft.
Add Madeira and reduce by ½. (about 30 minutes). Add chicken stock and reduce by ½ (about 20 minutes). Add corn kernels and gnocchi. Cook for 5 minutes, or until gnocchi become watery.
Add lobster and butter. Cook 3 minutes (or until lobster is warm). Remove pan from heat. Add Parmesan and tarragon. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Serve in 6 individual dishes.